- A.P was one of the Seven States Considered for implementation of Vegetable Oil Project by NATIONAL DAIRY DEVELOPMENT BOARD (NDDB) , Anand, Gujarat. In the similar lines as OPERATION FLOOD for milk it is OPERATION GOLDEN FLOW for edible oils. The Main objective of the mission is to bring about enhancement of production of Oilseeds in the Country so as to lessen the gap between demand and the supply of edible oils and make the country self-sufficient in edible oils.
- Another prime objective of the mission is to avoid middleman and to prevent exploitation of the farmers.
- Thus APOILFED has come into existence which was promoted by NDDB in the year 1980.
- A.P.Cooperative Oilseeds Growers’ Federation Limited (APOILFED) was registered under APCooperative Societies Act-1964 in the year 1980 and started operating from 1983..
- Initially APOILFED has adopted two tier structure as Federation a state level Apex body and Growers’ Coop.Societies at village level in the districts of Mahaboobnagar, Nalgonda, Khammamm, Krishna,Guntur and Prakasam in I phase and Kurnool. Cuddapah, Anantapur, chittoor and Nellore districts in II Phase.
- During 1992-93 the APOILFED adopted 3 tier structure by bringing in two regional Unions inbetween the Apex Body & the village level Cooperative Societies.
- Due to drastic change in International Scenario of edible oils the huge processing units have become most unviable and the Regional Unions were forced to stall their Operations and were identified for closure and liquidation.Due to drastic change in International Scenario of edible oils the huge processing units have become most unviable and the Regional Unions were forced to stall their Operations and were identified for closure and liquidation.
- But the Federation was successfully continuing its Core activities Viz OILPALM DEVELOPMENT, CONSUMER MARKETING OF EDIBLE OILS AND SEED PROCUREMENT & DISTRIBUTION ACTIVITY.
- Consequent to the bifurcation of the State of AP vide the AP reorganization Act,2014, the APOILFED also has been split into two as APOILFED for Andhra and TSOILFED for Telangana.
- The two assets and liabilities were apportioned on the on the ratio of 58.32% & 41.64%. The man-power was also provisionally allotted to respective Federations based on nativity as per section 82-A of the AP Reorganization Act’2014.
- The man-power as per cadre strength need to be undertaken.
News & Announcements
- VC & MD inspected the GN Seed Buffer Stocks Godowns in Kurnool, Ananthapur, Kadapa and GN Seed Distribution Centers, Kharif 2017' in Chittor Districts.
- AP Oilfed had undertaken production of certified and foundation seeds from breeder seeds with the launch of ISOPOM last kharif season.
- The Andhra Pradesh Co-operative Oilseeds Growers' Federation Limited (AP Oilfed), the Andhra Pradesh State Seeds Development Corporation (APSSDC) and the Andhra Pradesh State Marketing Federation (APMARKFED) were the nodal agencies for the distribution.